Day 1: Choosing to Love Myself and Own My Life Day 21. Sunday, December 27th. This marks the end of Week 3. On some things, I’ve been totally on point, improved, and rather optimal. On others, I haven’t managed to optimize some other things. All in all, I’ve definitely made some progress. I’m down between 5-6 lbs, which all occurred in the first week. My sleep is dialed in. I’ve improved consistency in regards to meditation, qigong, shoulder mobility exercises, and a few other beneficial day-to-day actions. I’ve eaten restaurant food 4 times in 3 weeks, with 3 of those times being while Michael was in town. Not bad considering it was the “holiday” season, and nothing I ate out was total crap food. That’s less than 10% of my total meals in that time. My parents will be in town in mid-January, and I’m sure we’ll go out a couple times then. “Going out” here in San Diego is much different than it was in Illinois/Chicago. We generally eat sushi, Thai, Vietnamese, or some other high-quality, clean, not fried, gluten-free, and often times wild/local/sustainable/grass-fed. I’ve gotten far behind a couple times with these posts, which has contributed to stress and the need to cram to catch up. I’ve not been able to increase my production with decreasing my work time… although I was on a roll before Michael’s visit and the holidays kind of threw a curveball into everything. (As the holidays do) My sleep has been great and plentiful, stress levels have been down, and I’ve made several positive mindset adjustments that have been put to the test a few times with frustrating situations. For “Phase 2” of this project, I’m going to focus on the following:
- Writing my posts throughout the day, instead of all at night or the next day, and never getting several days behind like has happened a couple times.
- Some form of exercise, yoga, etc… every day. I’ve got several workouts that I’ve created/written up, and will be mixing those with regular yoga.
- Incorporate coffee enemas 2x/week. I always feel great when I do these, and I haven’t done a single one during this stretch.
- Get completely dialed in with routine/organization. I want to have more time “off”, and time to spend with Mira, away from work, having a “life” outside of work. (Which is a major struggle for me)
- Learn how to use our fancy camera and post more recipes!
- Get completely dialed-in with my shoulder treatments and rehab. The pain has come back, probably half, and I really want to be able to swim and surf on our trip!
- I struggle to keep/maintain a regular healthy evening routine with no electronics, computer, phone, bright lights, etc… so that’s something to focus on. Book-ending our days with solid routines (I have the morning down!) is hugely important for many reasons.
- Continue to work on my own mental, emotional, and spiritual development. I have a stack of books on my nightstand that I want to read, which I never make time to read. Making this a priority going forward will be very important. More reading!