Do you have a favorite family recipe that is super simple? Cooking should be simple. It should be simple enough that we won’t spend hours preparing our food in the kitchen. Simple enough that there are no weird or exotic ingredients that we are not familiar with. Simple and tasty enough that even the pickiest family member will enjoy the food that we prepare.
One of my family’s favorite recipes has 5 ingredients!
ROASTED CITRUS CHICKEN
- 1 whole organic chicken (thawed)
- 1 organic lime cut into 4 pieces (but not sliced all the way so the lime still has its shape)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven at 450 degrees.
- Place the lime inside the cavity of the chicken. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and rosemary. Rub the dry ingredients all over the chicken and place it in an oven safe dish (I use a Pyrex).
- Place the chicken in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and roast for 20 minutes per pound. For example, a 5-pound chicken would take 1 hour and 40 minutes to bake with this high-temperature method.
What I love about this recipe is that it takes more time to bake than it does to prepare the chicken for baking. I usually serve this chicken with a simple salad or some steamed vegetables.