The Science Behind MegaSporeBiotic Spore-Based Probiotics
Take a stroll down the aisle of a supplement store or do a quick online search in an attempt to figure out which probiotic supplement to buy, chances are you’ll be bombarded with dozens of different products – all claiming to have incredible health-boosting benefits. But how do you sift through all of these products and truly determine which probiotic is right for you?
Choosing the best probiotic for you comes down to one thing – scientific proof. And there’s one probiotic supplement in particular that has an impressive repertoire of scientific proof to demonstrate its efficacy. This unparalleled probiotic supplement I’m referring to is MegaSporeBiotic by Microbiome Labs.
Choosing the best probiotic for you comes down to one thing – scientific proof.
In this post, we’re going to touch on a handful of the studies that highlight just how powerful MegaSporeBiotic (MegaSpore) spore-based probiotics are and what makes them the best probiotic supplement available on the market. We’ll explore what makes spore-based probiotics so beneficial, how these unique strains of bacteria supercharge your gut health, and some of the health benefits that have been linked to MegaSporeBiotic . Let’s dive in.
What Are Spore-Based Probiotics?
By definition, probiotics are a class of microorganisms – namely bacteria – that are beneficial to your health. Spore-based probiotics, also known as spore-forming probiotics, are a subset of probiotics that are naturally found in soil.
You see, before there were supermarkets and before we became intent on thoroughly disinfecting our food, our ancestors lived in close proximity to the earth. They ate food from the ground rather than the supermarket shelf – meaning they regularly ingested these soil-based probiotics. So for most of human history, these spore-based probiotics have evolved alongside us and within us, making themselves an integral component of our microbiome.
As the name implies, spore-based probiotics are unique in their ability to form a protective barrier known as an endospore. These endospores encase the bacteria to shield it from harsh environments and enhance its ability to survive – making these strains of bacteria particularly well suited for surviving and thriving in the harsh environment of your digestive tract.
Types of Spore-Based Probiotics
While there are several species of spore-based probiotics, the most common and most effective soil-based probiotics fall under a class of bacteria known as bacillus. Within the bacillus family, there are a handful of specific strains that have been found to have particularly potent health benefits. These 5 strains (which are the exact blend of strains found in MegaSporeBiotic probiotics) include:
- Bacillus Subtilis, HU58
- Bacillus Clausii, SC-109
- Bacillus Coagulans, SC-208
- Bacillus Indicus, HU36
- Bacillus Licheniformis, SL-307
Each of these strains has a different impact on the delicate ecosystem of microbes that reside in your gut. If you want to learn more about exactly what each bacillus strain does, we break it all down in the article MegaSporeBiotic: Learn About Benefits of the World’s Best Probiotic Supplement.
But the real magic happens when you put these 5 strains of bacillus together – with studies revealing some remarkable benefits for not only your microbiome but your overall health.
Probiotic Benefits for Gut Microbiome Health
The health of your gut and the balance of your microbiome is intricately linked to every facet of your health. Spore-based probiotics like those contained in Microbiome Labs MegaSporeBiotic support your gut microbiome in a few distinct ways:1,2
Increased Gut Microbial Diversity and Gut Reconditioning:
Thanks to their tough protective endospore, MegaSpore probiotic’s unique blend of bacillus strains are able to survive the perilous journey through your digestive system – allowing them to be delivered intact to your large intestines. Once they arrive at their final destination, these dormant spores can transform into their active state and begin replicating and colonizing in your gut – reconditioning your gut flora to function optimally.
This increased microbial diversity is one of the keys to creating a balanced and healthy “ecosystem” amongst the microbes that reside in your gut. But this isn’t the only way that spore-forming probiotics benefit your gut health
Promotion of Other Beneficial Probiotic Species:
Spore-based probiotics are also well known for their ability to amplify levels of beneficial metabolites including:
- Short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) – like butyrate, propionate, and acetate
- Lactic acid
- Conjugated linoleic acid
All of these metabolites in turn support and promote other “residential” strains of probiotics that are present in your gut. This phenomenon of “probiotics promoting probiotics” creates an upward spiral that further increases microbial diversity and promotes a flourishing ecosystem of gut microbes.
Enhanced Gut Barrier Function:
MegaSporeBiotic probiotic blend also aids in the production and synthesis of vitamins and other compounds (like short-chain fatty acids) that play a role in maintaining the integrity of your gut barrier. By ramping up production of these crucial compounds, spore-based probiotics help “beef up” your gut barrier and decrease gut permeability – allowing your gut to keep potentially harmful toxins and pathogens sealed up tight until they can be properly excreted.
This potent trio of gut-nurturing effects adds up to some impressive benefits, particularly when it comes to addressing disorders and imbalances of the gut.
Interesting in Trying MegaSporeBiotic?
Spore-Based Probiotics and SIBO
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, also known as SIBO, occurs when you have an overgrowth of certain strains of bacteria – with bacterial populations overflowing into your small intestines. This excess of bacteria in your gut can majorly interfere with digestion and lead to a number of unpleasant symptoms like abdominal pain, gas, and bouts of constipation or diarrhea.
Because SIBO can present differently in different people, SIBO often gets lumped in with the vague diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) – a term frequently used to diagnose those struggling with recurrent digestive issues that aren’t linked to an identifiable cause. And to make matters worse, adding in traditional strains of probiotic supplements can actually add fuel to the fire – further increasing bacterial overgrowth and making IBS symptoms worse.
Typical treatment for IBS and SIBO may include antibiotics like rifaximin and adherence to a strict diet (like a low FODMAP diet). But studies have found that MegaSporeBiotic probiotic may be a promising treatment alternative to harsh antibiotics and difficult-to-follow diets. In fact, some studies have found that these spore-forming probiotics have a statistically significant effect on IBS and SIBO – reducing the severity of symptoms and improving patient quality of life at levels superior to treatment with antibiotics.3
But the benefits of MegaSporeBiotic blend of probiotics doesn’t end there.
MegaSporeBiotic Spore-Based Probiotic Health Benefits
While it’s clear that MegaSporeBiotic has some remarkably beneficial impacts on gut health, those health benefits extend much deeper. Studies have found that additional MegaSporeBiotic benefits include:
- Lower triglycerides: Research has found that daily supplementation with MegaSporeBiotic can significantly reduce elevated triglyceride levels – both in the short term directly after a triglyceride-raising meal, and in the long term to reduce overall triglyceride levels. These findings may have significant and exciting implications when it comes to addressing and managing chronic conditions impacted by triglyceride levels.4
- Reduced symptoms of leaky gut syndrome: A disruption in gut permeability, also known as leaky gut syndrome, can result in an influx of endotoxins (toxic compounds contained within bacteria) into the bloodstream – triggering a release of proinflammatory cytokines and subsequently a spike in systemic inflammation. Supplementation with MegaSpore probiotics has been found to drastically improve gut barrier integrity while significantly reducing inflammatory biomarkers, endotoxin levels, and overall inflammation.5
- Protection against liver injury: Acetaminophen (APAP) – one of the most commonly used pain-relieving and fever-reducing medications in the world – is also the leading cause of liver toxicity and liver injury. Research has discovered that MegaSporeBiotic has significant hepatoprotective properties – reducing levels of liver-damaging compounds and shielding your liver from damage induced by elevated or prolonged exposure to acetaminophen.6
The more understanding we have of the complex interplay between our gut microbiome and our overall health, the closer we get to creating solutions that address the underlying cause and creating a positive ripple effect by potentially:
- Reducing the need for prescription medications and invasive procedures
- Exponentially improving quality of life
- Minimizing the burden of healthcare costs
These studies are truly just scratching the surface of the potential health benefits of MegaSporeBiotic’s spore-based probiotics and a healthy balanced microbiome.
A Better Probiotic: Microbiome Labs MegaSporeBiotic
As they say – the proof is in the pudding. Microbiome Labs’ MegaSporeBiotic is the most effective, 100% spore-based, broad-spectrum probiotic available on the market. And Microbiome Labs doesn’t simply claim to have formulated the world’s best probiotic – they have ample clinically-backed studies that prove just how beneficial these probiotics are.
With countless MegaSpore research studies, it’s easy to see why MegaSporeBiotic is the most powerful and most trusted probiotic out there. And as we dig deeper into the science of MegaSpore, we continue to uncover just how powerful this unique all-spore formula truly is. To learn more about the science behind MegaSpore, you can head over and read MegaSporeBiotic: Learn About Benefits of the World’s Best Probiotic Supplement.
If you’re ready to experience the power of MegaSporeBiotic probiotics for yourself, you can grab your own bottle by clicking right here. If you’re dealing with ongoing tummy troubles or an underlying digestive diagnosis and need a gut tune-up, you may benefit from Total Gut Restoration – a trio of supplements that includes not only MegaSporeBiotic probiotics but also MegaPre (Pre Biotic) Capsules to fuel your microbiome and MegaMucosa to help rebuild your mucosal barrier. You can find all of these supplements and more through our online shop. And as always, there are tons of additional resources available on the blog and in the Wellness Vault to empower you with knowledge and resources to create the abundant health and happiness we all deserve.
Save 10% on MegaSporeBiotic Today!
- Treatment with a spore-based probiotic containing five strains of Bacillus induced changes in the metabolic activity and community composition of the gut microbiota in a SHIME® model of the human gastrointestinal system – ScienceDirect
- A synbiotic concept containing spore-forming Bacillus strains and a prebiotic fiber blend consistently enhanced metabolic activity by modulation of the gut microbiome in vitro – ScienceDirect
- Bacillus spp. Spores—A Promising Treatment Option for Patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome – PMC (nih.gov)
- Efficacy of Spore Forming Bacilli Supplementation in Patients with Mild to Moderate Elevation of Triglycerides: A 12 week, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Oral spore-based probiotic supplementation was associated with reduced incidence of post-prandial dietary endotoxin, triglycerides, and disease risk biomarkers – PMC (nih.gov)
- Probiotic Bacillus Spores Protect Against Acetaminophen Induced Acute Liver Injury in Rats – PubMed (nih.gov)